Keto Steak Blue with Cheese Whip – Delicious!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Steak
- Method: Bakes
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Keto
- 1 (12-ounce) T-bone steak, about (¾ inch) thick
- 1¼ teaspoons fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon keto fat, for frying
Blue cheese whip
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ ounce blue cheese, finely crumbled
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season the steak generously on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, then melt the fat in the pan.
- When the hot, sear the steak for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place the skillet in the oven to cook the steak to your desired doneness, using a meat thermometer to determine the internal temperature (see chart below).
- Remove the skillet from the heat and allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- While the steak is resting, make the blue cheese whip: Place the cream in a stand mixer and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in the blue cheese and salt until well blended.
- Serve each portion of steak with 2 tablespoons of the blue cheese whip.
- The whip can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- This dish is best served fresh, but any extras can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 566
- Fat: 48g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 33g