Keto Pizza with Taco Sauce – Amazing
- Prep Time: 10 minutes, (Plus 1 hour to chill dough, if needed)
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Keto Pizza
- Method: Bakes
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Keto
- 1¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
Spicy tomato sauce:
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ pound ground beef
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- Drizzle of crème fraîche or sour cream thinned slightly with water
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Place a pizza stone in the cold oven, then turn the oven on to 425°F. (You can use a baking sheet, but a pizza stone will bake the bottom better.)
- To make the crust, put the mozzarella and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese is entirely melted.
- Stir well.
- Add the beaten egg and, using a hand mixer, combine well.
- Add the almond flour and salt and combine well with the mixer.
- Use your hands and work it like a traditional dough, kneading for about 3 minutes. (Note: If the dough is too sticky, chill it in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight.)
- Place the dough on a greased piece of parchment paper and pat it out with your hands to form a large circle, about 10 inches in diameter.
- For easy transferring to the oven, slide the sheet of parchment with the dough circle onto an unrimmed baking sheet or pizza peel.
- Set aside.
- To make the spicy tomato sauce, place the tomato sauce, sweetener, and seasonings in a bowl and stir well to combine.
- To make the meat topping, heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the beef and 3 tablespoons of the spicy tomato sauce and cook, stirring to break up the clumps, until the meat is browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Spread the rest of the spicy tomato sauce over the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle the cheeses over the tomato sauce and top with the beef and onions.
- Transfer the pizza to the hot pizza stone in the oven by sliding the parchment and pizza off the baking sheet onto the stone.
- Bake the pizza until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and garnish it with the black olives, lettuce, tomatoes, crème fraîche, and cilantro, if desired.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat slices on a baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 518
- Fat: 42g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 29g