Roasted Keto Reverse Sear Prime Rib – Perfect!
- Prep Time: 8 minutes, plus 8 hours to marinate
- Cook Time: 3½ to 5½ hours, depending on lowest available oven temperature
- Total Time: 51 minute
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Roasted Rib
- Method: Bakes
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Keto
- 1 (8-pound) boneless prime rib roast
- 2½ tablespoons fine sea salt
- 1½ tablespoons ground black pepper
- ½ cup softened ghee or unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- Fine sea salt (optional)
- Season the roast liberally with salt and pepper.
- Cover the roast with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Two hours before baking, remove the roast from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 150°F (or the lowest available temperature for your oven).
- Place the roast in a large roasting pan.
- Rub the softened ghee all over the roast, then sprinkle it with the chopped herbs.
- Bake the roast for 5½ hours (or 3½ hours in a 200°F oven), or until the internal temperature reaches 115°F for medium-rare or 135°F for medium.
- The internal temperature will keep rising as the meat rests.
- While the roast is cooking, make the tiger sauce: Place the sour cream, horseradish, and dill in a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more dill or a pinch of salt, if desired.
- Cover and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- About 10 minutes before serving, increase the oven temperature to 500°F.
- Once the temperature is at 500°F, let the roast sear in the oven for 8 minutes or until brown and crispy on the outside.
- Remove the roast from the oven, allow it to rest for 10 minutes, and then carve it into ¾-inch-thick slices.
- Serve with the tiger sauce and the pan juices.
- You can also use the pan drippings to make Yorkshire Pudding, a classic accompaniment to prime rib!
- Store extra meat and sauce in separate airtight containers for up to 3 days.
- Reheat the roast on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 703
- Fat: 49g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 60g