Keto Braised Chicken Legs – Turkey Delicious Recipe
This Keto Braised Chicken Legs Recipe tasty meal that reminds me of Thanksgiving dinner, but without the hassle! Braising turkey legs seems daunting, but it creates one amazing meal without much daunting work.
You can get many calories and low fat from this Keto Braised Chicken Legs recipe. And to be a keto dieter you can enjoy this Keto Braised Chicken Legs recipe as well.
This one is very easy to make and delicious to eat as well. So, you should try this Keto Braised Chicken Legs recipe at least once!
Nutrition Facts: (per serving)
- Calories: 660
- Fat: 30g
- Protein: 80g
- Carbs: 10g
- Fibers: 4g
Braised Keto Turkey Legs
with Creamy Gravy
preparation time: 15 minutes (not including time to make fauxtatoes) cook time: about 2 hours yield: 4 servings
Braised Keto Turkey Legs Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil 4 turkey legs
- Fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup diced onions
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 2 sprigs thyme, plus extra for garnish
- 1½ cups turkey or chicken bone broth, homemade (here) or store-bought, or water, or more as needed
- ½ batch Mashed Fauxtatoes (here), for serving
- 1 ounce mascarpone or cream cheese (2 tablespoons), softened
- Chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, for garnish Melted ghee or extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Braised Keto Turkey Legs Preparation:
- 1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- 2. Heat the ghee in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season the turkey legs on all sides with salt and pepper. Place the legs in the skillet and sear on all sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
Remove from the skillet and place in a roasting pan.
- 3. Place the onions, celery, and thyme sprigs in the skillet and fry for 8 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Transfer the veggies to the roasting pan, tucking them under the turkey legs so they don’t burn. Pour the broth into the pan. Place the pan in the oven and roast, uncovered, for about 1 hour 40 minutes, until the turkey is cooked through and no longer pink inside when pierced with a knife.
- 4. To serve, divide the fauxtatoes among 4 plates. Place a turkey leg on top of the mash on each plate.
- 5. Pour the sauce and veggies from the roasting pan into a blender. Add the mascarpone and puree until smooth. Cover each turkey leg with creamy gravy. Garnish with herbs and a drizzle of melted ghee.
- 6. Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.