You, readers, support my website. I sometimes earn affiliate links when you buy through the affiliate links on my website. See Disclaimer.
Country Keto Fried Steak with Gravy – Perfect & Delicious!
Here is the most famous and delicious Keto Fried Steak recipe from the Ketogenic diet. Keto Fried Steak recipe contains high calories for beneficial health and with such a low carb in it! Every keto dieter it’s must need to maintain the food of everyday life. So’ this Keto Fried Steak recipe is one of the best one of them!
In this Keto Fried Steak recipe, you can maintain the food quality and can enjoy this recipe a lot. Because of this Keto Fried Steak deliciousness and with gravy! I can suggest trying this Keto Fried Steak recipe for all keto dieters. You’re not a keto dieter? No worries everyone can enjoy this recipe as well as a keto dieter! So, check this Keto Fried Steak recipe out and try it at once. 🙂
Nutrition Fact per Serving: Calories: 775 | Fat: 58g | Carbohydrates: 12g | Fiber: 5g | Protein: 50gPrint
Country Keto Fried Steak with Gravy – Perfect
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (not including time to make fauxtatoes or rice)
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Steak
- Method: Bakes
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Keto
- 4 (4-ounce) bottom round steaks
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup powdered Parmesan cheese (or pork dust if dairy-free)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup ghee (or coconut oil if dairy-free), for frying
- 1 tablespoon ghee (or coconut oil if dairy-free)
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese (½ cup) (Kite Hill brand cream cheese style spread if dairy-free), softened
- ½ cup beef or chicken bone broth, homemade or store-bought
- Fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 batch Mashed Fauxtatoes (or Cauliﬂower Rice, if dairy-free), for serving (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Melted ghee (or avocado oil if dairy-free), for drizzling
- To tenderize the steaks, pound them until they are ¼ inch thick.
- Sprinkle both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Place the Parmesan cheese, paprika, and cayenne pepper in another shallow bowl and stir well to combine.
- Divide the Parmesan mixture between 2 separate bowls so you can do a dry, wet, dry dipping of the steaks.
- Dip a steak into the first bowl of Parmesan mixture, then into the egg, then into the second bowl of Parmesan mixture, using your hands to coat all sides of the meat well.
- Place the coated steak on a clean plate and repeat with the remaining steaks.
- Place the ¼ cup of ghee in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, add the coated steaks, working in batches if necessary.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat until all the steaks are cooked.
- Place the cooked steaks on a warm serving platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
- To make the gravy, wipe the skillet clean.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of ghee in the skillet.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Use a whisk to stir in the cream cheese, whisking until no clumps remain.
- Slowly add the broth while whisking.
- Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a gentle simmer and is smooth.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to simmer, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the foil from the serving platter and cover the steaks in the gravy.
- Serve over mashed fauxtatoes, if desired, and garnish with chopped parsley and a drizzle of melted ghee.
Busy family tip:
- Ask your butcher to tenderize and pound the steaks thin so all you have to do is dip them in the breading and fry them for a tasty dinner!
- Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 775
- Fat: 58g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 50g
Leave a Reply