You, readers, support my website. I sometimes earn affiliate links when you buy through the affiliate links on my website. See Disclaimer.
Herb Keto Roasted Chicken Recipe
Dieters will enjoy this Keto Recipe. This recipe is low in carbs and high in calories, as well as being delicious. As a result, this recipe is a great ideal for keto dieters. This recipe works great in Turkey Tetrazzini or Buffalo Chicken Casserole.
If you prefer this roasted chicken with extra-crispy and tasty skin, after seasoning the whole poultry well with salt and pepper, place it in the refrigerator overnight, uncovered, to allow the skin to dry. I also suggest trussing the legs with kitchen twine.
Nutrition for 1 Serving: Calories: 320 | Fat: 23g | Carbohydrates: 2g | Fiber: 0.4g | Protein: 25gPrint
Herb Keto Roasted Chicken – Easy!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15
- Total Time: 17 minute
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Chicken Roast
- Method: Bakes
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Keto
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken
- Fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons lard or coconut oil (or unsalted butter if not dairy-sensitive), softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, whacked with the side of a knife
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Season the inside and outside of the chicken with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Place the lard in a medium-sized bowl and add the herbs.
- Mix until combined.
- Slather the herby lard under the layer of skin so it can penetrate the chicken.
- Stuff the lemon slices, onion quarters, and garlic into the cavity.
- Place the chicken in a large roasting pan and roast for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 170°F.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Discard the lemon, onion, and garlic.
Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat on a baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
Leave a Reply