Herb Keto Roasted Chicken Recipe
Dieters will enjoy this Keto Recipe. This recipe is low in carbs and high in calories, as well as being delicious. As a result, this recipe is a great ideal for keto dieters. This recipe works great in Turkey Tetrazzini or Buffalo Chicken Casserole.
If you prefer this roasted chicken with extra-crispy and tasty skin, after seasoning the whole poultry well with salt and pepper, place it in the refrigerator overnight, uncovered, to allow the skin to dry. I also suggest trussing the legs with kitchen twine.
Nutrition for 1 Serving: Calories: 320 | Fat: 23g | Carbohydrates: 2g | Fiber: 0.4g | Protein: 25gPrint
Herb Keto Roasted Chicken – Easy!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15
- Total Time: 15 minute
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Chicken Roast
- Method: Bakes
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Keto
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken
- Fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons lard or coconut oil (or unsalted butter if not dairy-sensitive), softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, whacked with the side of a knife
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Season the inside and outside of the chicken with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Place the lard in a medium-sized bowl and add the herbs.
- Mix until combined.
- Slather the herby lard under the layer of skin so it can penetrate the chicken.
- Stuff the lemon slices, onion quarters, and garlic into the cavity.
- Place the chicken in a large roasting pan and roast for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 170°F.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Discard the lemon, onion, and garlic.
Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat on a baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.