We all love wraps, but they can come with a huge amount of carbs (33g) and sugar (4g).
Keto Chicken Salad Wraps Recipe
This recipe includes the chicken roasting part, but you can easily make it with leftovers. The proportions are for 4 large wraps and it’s easy to change to smaller healthy game day snacks or why not pre-amble to a Keto BBQ? Everyone loves those and they are quite easy to make.
See video which uses leftovers.
Nutrition for one wrap: Calories: 152 | Sugar: 0g | Fat: 14g | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 5gPrint
Keto Chicken Salad Wraps
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Wraps
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Keto
- 1 Whole Chicken – Brined & Roasted
- 8 leaves Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 1 Stalk Celery
- ¼ Cup Red Onion
- ¼ Cup Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Dill
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- 2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard
- All Chicken Dripping
- 2 Cups beef or chicken stock
- ½ Cup onion
- Sale and pepper to taste
- Make a saltwater brine by mixing ¼ cup of salt and 4 cups of hot water – let cool.
- Place a whole chicken in a large freezer bag and add brine.
- Let it rest for 24 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Remove chicken from brine and pat skin dry with a paper towel.
- Rub with skin with salt.
- Roast in a deep dish pan in the oven for approximately 60 minutes until cooked.
- Reserve juices
- Let the chicken cool
- Peel off skin reserving on the side.
- Shred chicken in a bowl
- Return skin to oven on a baking sheet until crispy (about 10 mins).
- Mix mayo, diced celery, red onion, bell pepper, dill, parsley, lemon juice and mustard.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium pot, add 1 tablespoon of chicken dripping, onion and cook until browned.
- Add the rest of the cooking juices and stock.
- Simmer until thick.
- Fill lettuce cups with chicken mix, top with chicken skin and gravy.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 5g