The first meal is always an important meal – we often skip or delegate to bars or cereals.
Cereals can cost some 55g of carbs per cup and some bars can add up to 24g per. Not good for a keto diet.
I have a nice Keto Breakfast recipe: Bacon & Egg Bites
See the video at the below. To be honest, with a total preparation + cook time of 25 minutes, I make those on weekends and everyone loves it. At 1g of carbs per bite, it’s a must try!
Nutrition for 1 muffin: Calories: 75 | Fat: 10g | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 8.5gPrint
Keto Breakfast – Bacon & Egg Bites
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Keto
- 9 slices of Bacon – I prefer the rashers (loin bacon)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 Bell Pepper any color (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp dry or fresh thyme
- 1 Mashed Avocado
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Spray a muffin tin with oil – ideally olive or coconut.
- Lay the bacon in each muffin hole so they form a case (see video).
- Crack in an egg in each well
- Add diced bell pepper and thyme
- Bake in the oven until cooked, for about 20 minutes.
- Top with smashed avocado
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 8.5g