Keto Steak Frites with Béarnaise Sauce – Delicious!
Don’t throw away those cauliﬂower stems; use them to make keto French fries! And to enjoy it with Keto Steak Frites Béarnaise Sauce. With this Keto Steak Frites recipe, you can use the whole head of cauliﬂower if you prefer, but then they won’t look like French fries, lool!
This Keto Steak Frites recipe looks so delightful and its taste grew up with this amazing Béarnaise Sauce. And with serving this Béarnaise Sauce sauce the Keto Steak Frites recipe becomes so delicious to eat and favorable as well! So, I suggest you try this Keto Steak Frites recipe.
Nutrition Fact per Serving: Calories: 655 | Fat: 61g | Carbohydrates: 6g | Fiber: 2g | Protein: 24gPrint
Keto Steak Frites with Béarnaise Sauce – Quick Making
- Prep Time: 6 minutes (not including time to make béarnaise)
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Steak Frites
- Method: Bakes
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Keto
- 1 cauliflower stem
- 2 teaspoons melted unsalted butter (or melted coconut oil, lard, or avocado oil if dairy-free)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) boneless rib-eye steak, about ¾ inch thick
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (or coconut oil, lard, or avocado oil if dairy-free)
- 3 tablespoons Béarnaise Sauce, or 2 tablespoons beef bone broth, homemade or store-bought,
- For a dairy-free, egg-free pan sauce
- Fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- To make the fries, preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut the cauliflower stem into French fry shapes and place them on the greased baking sheet.
- Coat the fries with the melted butter and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Season the steak on both sides with 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- Place a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat; when hot, melt the butter in the pan.
- Add the steak and sear on each side for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 6 minutes or until the steak is cooked medium-rare (see chart below).
- Remove the steak from the pan and allow it to rest before cutting.
- If you’re skipping the béarnaise sauce, use the beef broth to make a quick pan sauce: Pour the broth into the pan and whisk to scrape the bottom of the skillet, and combine the drippings and broth.
- Place the steak on a serving plate, top with the cauliflower fries, and drizzle with the béarnaise sauce or pan sauce.
- Serve garnished with thyme leaves, if desired.
- This dish is best served fresh, but any extras can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat the steak and fries in a baking dish in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 655
- Fat: 61g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 24g