You, readers, support my website. I sometimes earn affiliate links when you buy through the affiliate links on my website. See Disclaimer.
Shredded Keto Amish Chicken and Gravy
Keto Amish Chickens? New bread? Nope, they are free-range raised, thus unconfined. This way has become popular because they are more natural and grow at their own pace compared to a forced-grown animals. It takes 47 days to raise industrial vs. 84 days the natural way. If you can’t find Amish, pick organic and free-range.
This Keto Amish Chicken recipe is a traditional served at anything from graduation to funerals. You can make this Keto Amish Chicken dish with turkey – also delicious.
Nutrition for 1 Serving: Calories: 453 | Fat: 31g | Carbohydrates: 10g | Fiber: 3g | Protein: 32gPrint
Shredded Keto Amish Chicken and Gravy – Easy to Make
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 300
- Total Time: 5 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Keto
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup chicken bone broth, homemade or store-bought
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese (Kite Hill brand cream cheese style spread if dairy-free), softened
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fresh herbs of choice, such as thyme, for garnish (optional)
- Melted ghee or unsalted butter for drizzling (optional; omit for dairy-free)
- Place the chicken thighs in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Combine the broth, cream cheese, poultry seasoning, and pepper in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the blended mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until the chicken falls apart easily.
- Shred the meat with 2 forks and stir it into the gravy.
- Taste and add salt, if desired.
Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a baking dish in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- 1 batch Mashed cauliflower aka fauxtatoes or,
- 6 Garlicky Cheddar Biscuits, split in half or,
- 1 batch Cauliflower Rice
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 453
- Fat: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 32g
Leave a Reply