You, readers, support my website. I sometimes earn affiliate links when you buy through the affiliate links on my website. See Disclaimer.
I made this Keto BBQ Chicken Lasagna recipe. The family loved it.
I always try new cooking ideas, and this Keto BBQ Chicken Lasagna Recipe is a big hit – I used Palmini lasagna sheets (less than $6 on Amazon). They are made of heart of palm, no one screamed that’s “not pasta”, so I recommend it. They come with only 4g of carbs per 12oz and are full of great nutrients.
This Keto BBQ Chicken Lasagna recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare (not including the shredded chicken tights), 45 minutes cooking and it easily feeds 10 hungry people 🙂
This Keto BBQ Chicken Lasagna recipe is in two steps, one shredded chicken tights. I always buy bulk organic ones, slow cook, shred and freeze them in the cooking juice.
Nutrition for 1 Serving: Calories 345 | Fat 21g | Carbohydrates 8g | Fiber 2g | Protein 31gPrint
Keto BBQ Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: BBQ
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Keto
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- ¼ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener
- Palmini Lasagna Noodles
- 16 thin slices deli roasted chicken breast
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken thighs (from about 2 pounds bone-in thighs; see below)
- 1 pound button mushrooms, sliced and sautéed in butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped and sautéed in butter
- ½ cup diced onions, sautéed in butter
Keto BBQ Chicken Lasagna:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 13 by 9-inch baking dish.
- Prepare the sauce:
- Place the tomato sauce in a large bowl.
- Add the liquid smoke and sweetener
- Mix to combine.
- Set aside.
- Assemble the lasagna:
- Pour 1 cup of the sauce into the greased baking dish.
- Layer with half of the deli chicken “noodles,” then half of the cheese, half of the shredded chicken, and half of any other fillings you like. (I love mushrooms sautéed in butter and seasoned with a touch of salt.)
- Layer with the remaining sauce, then noodles, then chicken (with any additional toppings).
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the lasagna for 45 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is golden brown.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
How to make slow cooker shredded chicken thighs:
- 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 cups chicken bone broth, homemade or store-bought
- ¼ cup diced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Shredded Chicken Thighs Preparation
- Place all the ingredients in a 6-quart (or larger) slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low until the chicken is fork-tender, about 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker,
- Remove the skin (reserve the skin for making chicken cracklings).
- Pull the meat from the bones, discard the bones,
- Shred the meat using 2 forks.
Store the chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 1 month.
Note: If you’re not using the chicken right away, store it with some of the juices from the slow cooker. It will help keep the meat moist until you use it.
Makes 3 cups shredded chicken.
Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat in a baking dish in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 345
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 31g
Leave a Reply