Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
This Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe is a great choice for a poultry lover, and any Keto Dieter. This recipe is also delicious to eat and a very easy making process.
This chicken recipe contains low carbs (3g per serving) and 59 calories only, the recipe is so delicious as well.
I love this Keto chicken Cordon Bleu recipe a lot. I’m not a huge poultry fan, but even I will say that this dish is divine. So, you should try this recipe at once!
Did you know that “Cordon Bleu” dates from 1578 and relates to “L’Ordre des chevaliers du Saint-Esprit”, instituted by the French King Henry the 3rd? Since it applies to food with high standard and by outstanding cooks.
Be royal and make this Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu and tell me what you think.
Nutrition for 1 Serving: Calories: 59 | Fat: 4g | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fiber: 0g | Protein: 45gPrint
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe – Easy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Chicken Cordon
- Method: Bakes
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Keto
- Browned butter cheese sauce
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup beef or chicken bone broth, homemade or store-bought
- 1 ounce cream cheese (2 tablespoons)
- 10 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- Fine sea salt
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices cooked deli ham
- 1 cup powdered Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil, for the skillet
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional, but I recommend it)
- To make the sauce, heat the butter in a large saucepan over high heat for about 5 minutes, whisking.
- The butter will start to sizzle and foam up.
- Watch for brown (but not black!) flecks; when you start to see them, remove the pan from the heat and whisk vigorously.
- While whisking, slowly add the broth, cream cheese, and shredded cheese.
- Heat lightly, just until the cheese is melted.
- Add salt to taste.
- Remove from the heat, place in a blender, and blend until very smooth.
- Allow the sauce to cool a bit before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13 by 9-inch baking dish.
- Place the chicken thighs between 2 pieces of parchment paper and pound them to ¼-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with the pepper (salt isn’t needed because the ham and Parmesan cheese are salty enough).
- Place 1 slice of Swiss cheese and 1 slice of ham on top of each thigh.
- Roll up each thigh and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in a bowl, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning over the top, and turn to coat all sides of the chicken well.
- Heat the ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken rolls in the hot skillet and cook until browned on one side, about 4 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and cook for 2 more minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken rolls to the greased baking dish.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the toothpicks and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice crosswise and serve hot, with warm cheese sauce drizzled over each piece.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat the chicken rolls on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
Rewarm the sauce on the stovetop over medium-low heat.
If you prefer to skip the frying, you can skip Step 6, place the chicken rolls in the greased baking dish
Bake them for 20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 59
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 45g