Keto Croque Madame – Fast & Delicious!
This Keto Croque Madame is one of the best recipe for a keto dieter because of its deliciousness and very fast making process. This Keto Croque Madame recipe takes a very short time to make and is very easy as well. You will make this Keto Croque Madame recipe in a few minutes.
Once when you are so busy this Keto Croque Madame recipe will be the best option for your early meal! As a result, you’ll get the benefit of time when you’re so busy. This Keto Croque Madame recipe is full of calories and also less than one in carbs. I hope you’ll be happy to try this one 🙂
Nutrition Facts: (per serving)
- Calories: 799
- Fat: 43g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbs: 1g
- Fibers: 0g
Keto Croque Madame Waffles
preparation time: 10 minutes (not including time to hard-boil eggs) cook time: about 30 minutes yield: 8 servings
Keto Waffles Ingredients:
- 8 large eggs
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- ¼ cup powdered Parmesan cheese (see here) 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup ghee or coconut oil, melted but not hot
Keto Mornay Sauce Ingredients:
- ¼ cup beef or chicken bone broth, homemade (here) or store-bought
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
- 1-ounce cream cheese (2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère or cheddar cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
Keto Sandwich Fillings Ingredients:
- 12 slices ham
- ½ cup shredded Gruyère or cheddar cheese 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ghee or unsalted butter
for garnish (optional)
- Ground black pepper Fresh thyme leaves
Keto Croque Madame Waffles Preparation:
- 1. To make the waffles, heat a waffle iron to high heat. Place the raw eggs, hard-boiled eggs, Parmesan cheese, baking powder, onion powder (if using), and salt in a blender or food processor and combine until smooth and thick. Add the melted ghee and combine well.
- 2. Grease the hot waffle iron. Place a heaping ¼ cup of the batter in the center of the iron and close. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown and crisp. Repeat with the remaining batter, making a total of 8 waffles.
- 3. To make the Mornay sauce, place the broth, butter, cream cheese, and shredded cheese in a saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking often, just until the cheese is melted. Add the salt, then slide the pan off the heat. Using an immersion blender, blend until very smooth (or transfer the mixture to a countertop blender and blend until smooth); set aside.
- 4. When you are ready to make the CroquesMadames, preheat the oven to broil. Place the waffles on a rimmed baking sheet. Top 4 of the waffles with 3 slices of ham and 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese each. Set aside.
- 5. To fry the eggs, heat the ghee in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. When hot, crack the 4 eggs into the pan and fry on one side for about 2 minutes until the whites are cooked and the yolks are still runny. Place the waffles under the broiler at this point (see Step 6). Season the eggs with salt and pepper and remove the skillet from the heat.
- 6. While the eggs are cooking, broil the waffles for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the waffles are warm.
- 7. To assemble the Croques Madames, place 1 ham and cheese–topped waffle on a serving plate. Top with a plain waffle, then add a sunny-side-up egg and smother with Mornay sauce. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and garnish with thyme leaves, if desired. Repeat with the remaining waffles, eggs, and Mornay sauce.
- 8. Store plain waffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Reheat the waffles in a preheated 375°F oven or toaster oven for 3 minutes or until warmed through. Store the Mornay sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days; it will thicken overnight.
- 9. Reheat the sauce in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until warm, about 2 minutes. Add a few tablespoons of broth if the sauce is too thick.
Tip: The waffles and Mornay sauce can be made up to 3 days ahead and stored in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator. The waffles can be frozen for up to a month.
Leave a Reply