Keto Philly Cheesesteak Soup – Very tasty!
The Keto Philly Cheesesteak Soup recipe is one of the best recipes in the Keto Diet. Because the Keto Philly Cheesesteak soup recipe is very tasty to eat. Some of the recipes for the keto diet are not much tasty! But this one is flavourful with its super ingredients.
The Keto Philly Cheesesteak Soup recipe does not contain many calories as other recipes for the keto diet but you can take preparation for it in a few minutes. I suggest being a keto dieter you should try this Keto Philly Cheesesteak Soup recipe at your lunch.
Nutrition Facts: (per serving)
- Calories: 40
- Fat: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbs: 4g
- Fibers: 0g
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Soup
preparation time: 15 minutes cook time: 6 to 8 hours yield: 8 servings
Keto Cheesesteak Soup Ingredients:
- 2 pounds boneless sirloin steak
- Cubed Fine sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter (or coconut oil if dairy-free), divided
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups beef bone broth, homemade or store-bought, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese (Kite Hill brand cream cheese style spread if dairy-free), softened
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese, for garnish (omit for dairy-free)
Keto Cheesesteak Soup Preparation:
- Season the steak generously on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
- Add the cubed steak to the skillet and sear on all sides until the meat is dark golden brown, adding more butter if needed to keep the meat from sticking to the pan.
- Then transfer the meat to the slow cooker with the onions and garlic.
- Add 5 cups of beef broth, bell pepper, and cayenne pepper to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until the meat, is cooked through and fork-tender.
- Shred the meat with 2 forks.
- A few minutes before serving, place the softened cream cheese and remaining 1 cup of broth in a blender, puree until smooth, and then add the puree to the slow cooker. Stir to combine and turn the heat up to high.
- Continue to cook, covered, just until warmed through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with shredded provolone cheese.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in a saucepan over medium heat for a few minutes or until warmed through.
Leave a Reply