You, readers, support my website. I sometimes earn affiliate links when you buy through the affiliate links on my website. See Disclaimer.
Keto Fried Chicken Recipe – Delicious
Keto Fried Chicken Recipe – Hope you’ll love this low-carb recipe with nutrition and also low-carb, which is so good for a keto dieter.
Nothing screams “comfort food” louder than deep-fried chicken and grits plus Kale chips!
These keto fried chicken recipe cooking directions are so easy, your family will have you asking for more just to make sure the dish is keto fried chicken – it tastes that good! 🙂
For this keto fried chicken recipe careful with the hot oil, it can be dangerous as you’ll bring it to 375°F. As a reminder: 118°F is enough for a first-degree burns; our skin is destroyed when temperatures reach 162°F.
Nutrition for 1 Serving: Calories: 592 | Fat: 46g | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fiber: 0 | Protein: 45gPrint
Keto Fried Chicken Recipe – Easy Recipe
- Prep Time: 8
- Cook Time: 13
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Deep Fried
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Keto
- 2 cups coconut oil or rendered keto fat, such as lard, for frying
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup powdered Parmesan cheese or pork dust
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper 4 chicken legs
- Double batch Keto Grits, for serving
- Chopped fresh herbs of choice, for garnish (optional) Kale chips (recipe below), for serving (optional)
- Heat the oil in a 4-inch-deep (or deeper) cast-iron skillet over medium heat to 375°F.
- While the oil is heating, place the egg in a shallow bowl and beat it lightly with a fork.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese and pepper in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken legs into the egg, then into the Parmesan mixture.
- Using your hands, press the cheese onto the chicken to form a nice crust.
- Fry the chicken legs in the hot oil until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes, rotating the legs as needed.
- Remove from the oil and set aside.
- Divide the grits among 4 plates and top each plate with a chicken leg.
- Sprinkle with chopped herbs and serve with kale chips, if desired.
Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through. Reheat the grits in a saucepan over low heat.
Oil Note: This may seem like a lot of oil, but I strain it after use and save it in a large mason jar in the refrigerator for future frying.
How to Make Kale Chips:
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- For this recipe, have on hand about 2 bunches of kale leaves. Wash the leaves, then dry them very well. Using a sharp knife, carve out the thick inner stems.
- Place the unstemmed kale leaves on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Lightly mist with coconut oil spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour, until the chips are crisp.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Kale chips can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week but are best eaten within 3 days. Makes 8 cups of chips (½ cup per serving).
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 592
- Fat: 46g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 45g
Keywords: Chicken, Deep Fried
Leave a Reply