Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna Recipe
I ate my ﬁrst bite of the Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe when I was seventeen, and it was love at ﬁrst forkful. It was creamy and ever so ﬂavorful. I thought that turning classic Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu into a lasagna would make it an extra-comforting recipe! So, you will try this Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu with lasagna.
You will get a huge number of calories from this keto Chicken Cordon bleu recipe and very low in carbs as well. This recipe is so delicious to eat. So, you should try this recipe once and you can suggest others. Though this recipe is related to the keto diet, you can also enjoy this if you are not a keto dieter.
Nutrition Facts: (per serving)
- Calories: 314
- Fat: 26g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbs: 3g
- Fibers: 1g
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna
preparation time: 12 minutes Cook time: 1 hour 40 minutes (see tip for a shortcut) yield: 10 servings
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat, lard, or ghee
- 4 chicken leg quarters (about 3 pounds) 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup diced onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken bone broth, homemade (here) or store-bought
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
- 1½ ounces cream cheese (3 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup beef or chicken bone broth, homemade (here) or store-bought
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 large zucchini (about 10 inches long), trimmed and sliced lengthwise into ¼-inch planks
- 1 (4-ounce) package sliced Swiss cheese 1 (4-ounce) package thin-sliced ham
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna Preparation:
- 1. To cook the chicken: Heat the bacon fat in a deep sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken leg quarters with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in the hot fat and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 8 minutes total.
- 2. Add the onions and garlic to the pan, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown.
- 3. Add the broth and simmer, covered, for about 1 hour, until the chicken is almost falling off the bone.
- 4. Remove the chicken legs from the pan and allow them to cool until you can handle them. Remove the skin (see note), then shred the meat and set it aside.
- 5. To make the sauce: In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the cream cheese and broth and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce the heat. Add the Swiss cheese and stir until the cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then remove from the heat.
- 6. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Layer the zucchini “noodles” in an 8-inch square casserole dish (you should have two stacked layers of noodles), then drizzle ½ cup of the sauce over the zucchini. Top the sauced zucchini with a layer of Swiss cheese slices, then a layer of ham slices. Layer the shredded chicken on top of the ham. Drizzle the rest of the sauce into the casserole dish. Top this with another layer of ham, then the rest of the cheese slices.
- 7. Bake the lasagna for 20 minutes or until the zucchini is soft and the cheese is melted. Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat a baking dish in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
Note: After removing the skin from the cooked chicken, don’t discard it! Save it to make the “crunchy rice” for Chicken “Wild Rice” Soup (here). You can always freeze chicken skin for later use.
Busy Family Tip:
To skip steps 1 through 3 and shave about 1¼ hours off of the cooking time, replace the chicken leg quarters with a precooked clean-ingredient rotisserie chicken from the supermarket or leftover cooked chicken.