Getting the perfect lovers’ omelet – Keto recipe can be difficult and time-consuming. You have to make sure that everything you eat doesn’t have carbs or sugar and if it does, it’s not worth eating.
It can be a struggle to make keto-friendly omelet quickly, but this one is big enough to feed two people, but it also only has 6g of carbs per serving. This is perfect for any keto dieters – Try it!
Nutrition Facts: (per serving)
- Calories: 576
- Fat: 46g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbs: 6g
- Fibers: 1g
Lovers’ Omelet – Keto Recipe
preparation time: 15 minutes cook time: 15 minutes yield: 2 servings
This lover’s omelet is no joke: it is so large that it feeds two people!
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ghee or unsalted butter, divided (I use ghee)
- ¼ cup diced onions
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons diced green or red bell peppers
- ¼ cup ground pork or beef
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, divided 4 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup diced Canadian bacon
- ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, plus extra for garnish
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- ¼ cup salsa, for serving
- ¼ cup sour cream, for serving
Lovers’ Omelet – Keto Recipe Preparation
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the ghee in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers and cook, stirring, until the onions and peppers are soft and the mushrooms are golden.
- Add the ground meat and sauté until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Season with ⅛ teaspoon of the salt.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, Canadian bacon, 2 tablespoons of water, and remaining ⅛ teaspoon of salt and stir well. Set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of ghee and swirl to coat the pan.
- Pour in the egg mixture. Cover and cook until the eggs are almost set.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle in the cheese to cover the entire omelet.
- Place the vegetable filling on top of the cheese.
- Fold the omelet in half and place on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese and green onions.
- Serve with the salsa and sour cream.
Store any leftovers of this lovers’ omelet – keto recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a sauté pan over medium heat for a minute or two until warmed through. Enjoy!
[mycbgenie_image_ad cols="3" rows="1" kws="diet" im_width="180" show_product_descr="1" default_font_family="1" fill_color="ffffff" link_color="0000ff" border_color="ffffff" hide_footer="1" tracking_id="alchlab"]