Nothing says fall like a warm goat keto cheese salad with a warm bacon vinaigrette! I’ve always enjoyed tasty salads, even before I started eating keto. But in my pre-keto life, I often made my salads too high in carbs by adding dried cranberries or sun-dried tomatoes. This warm salad needs nothing like that. It is delicious and creamy without the carbs and so easy to make!
Nutrition Facts: (per serving)
Warm Goat Keto Cheese Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
preparation time: 5 minutes cook time: 10 minutes yield: 4 servings½ pound bacon, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) log fresh goat cheese
- ½ cup pork dust (or pork rinds crushed into a powder)
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons coconut vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil, MCT oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 drops stevia glycerite (optional)
- 4 cups leafy greens
- ½ avocado, sliced (optional but it make the dish very yammy)
- ½ cup raw walnuts, for garnish (optional; omit for nut- free)
Goat Keto Cheese Salad Preparation:
- Saute the diced bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon to a bowl, leaving the drippings in the pan. (careful it’s very hot)
- Meanwhile, cut the log into 8 medallions that are about ¼ inch thick.
- Place the pork dust in a shallow bowl.
- Gently roll each goat cheese medallion in the pork dust to cover the medallions.
- In batches, fry the medallions in the hot skillet with the bacon drippings over medium heat for 1 minute or until golden brown, then flip and fry for another minute.
- Remove the medallions from the skillet and set them aside on a plate.
- Add the vinegar, oil, mustard, salt, pepper, and stevia, if using, to the skillet and stir well to combine. Stir in the cooked bacon.
- Plate the greens and avocado slices, if using, on a serving platter and top with the fried goat cheese medallions.
- Drizzle the bacon vinaigrette over the greens and garnish with walnuts and freshly ground pepper, if desired.